2 Downtown Houston Shoots! (ft. @bryanphotography and @francismajorpain)

In the past 3 weeks, I’ve been insanely busy with private shoots, public events, starting classes at Rice again, and just basic curveballs that life throws at people. However, here are two shoots that I had a great time at with Bryan and Francis! Their links are at the bottom of this blog. 

The shoot with Bryan was much more last minute (but just as fun 🤪) and was located in downtown Houston. I wore a black corset-like cropped top from Fashion Nova as well as a pencil skirt from Brandy Melville. I loved how this look turned out and I paired it with my pair of black leather Steve Madden heeled booties. Combining leather with a very “school-girl”-like skirt gave my outfit a softened feel next to the edgy black pieces. I personally think the pictures turned out beautiful and the color palette immediately catches people’s eye. Take a look! 

📸on @jonat.portfolio and @bryanphotography

📸exclusive to blog

📸exclusive to blog

📸exclusive to blog

📸on @bryanphotography

📸on @joannaqluvsu

📸on @joannaqluvsu

📸exclusive to blog

Shooting with Francis happened much more recently at and around Jones Plaza that’s also in downtown Houston. This was my first time shooting with Francis and we had an awesome time! For my first outfit, I wore a cropped white top with lace detailing and paired it with a pair of flow-y green pants from Nordstrom. Take a look at the shots we got from my first outfit! 

📸on @joannaqluvsu
📸on @joannaqluvsu

📸exclusive to blog

📸exclusive to blog

For my second outfit, I wore a bodycon sweater dress from Fashion Nova and paired it with knee-high black boots from Macy’s. More outfit details are tagged in my instagram posts! Scroll down to see how pictures of the second outfit turned out!

📸exclusive to blog

📸exclusive to blog

📸exclusive to blog

📸on @joannaqluvsu

📸on @joannaqluvsu

📸exclusive to blog

📸exclusive to blog

I was planning on including a third photographer in this blog post. However, due to some petty and incredibly immature actions from her end, I will not be including her nor recommending her to any models, friends, or possible clients. This also encourages me to speak out for models everywhere being taken advantage of for their time by people who may not even respect the artistic and hard working aspect of modeling. To those aspiring to become influencers, models, or any career that requires forming connections, make sure to stand up for yourself and know your rights. Every other photographer I’ve featured on my page or blogs has been incredibly respectful of my time as well as appreciative of my career visions. I want to say a thank you to you guys for continuing to inspire me through this journey and I would love to work with any of you again!

If you want to keep up with me through social media, my links are:

Instagram: @joannaqluvsu

Twitter: @joannaqluvsu

Make sure to subscribe to get a notification every time I post 🙂

Check out Bryan’s page!

Check out Francis’ Page!