Personal Studio Photoshoot (ft. @alvintran.photography)

If you asked my mom right now to show you her favorite picture or video of little me, she would definitely pull up a blurry video of my “model walk.” This model walk entailed the 6 year old version of me intensely strutting while holding onto my Disney princess purse. Since I’m an Aries rising (if you’re not into astrology, just ignore this), I was a fiery little kid. I haven’t lost that fire as I’ve grown up, but I’ve definitely mellowed out since. 

One of my biggest desires since I could form permanent thoughts was to become a model. However, I never acted on it because I didn’t think I was pretty enough and my parents were completely oblivious to how the modeling industry worked. But then one day, my mom and I were shopping at the mall and a fellow shopper, but lowkey representative of a big modeling agency in Dallas, approached us. He said he noticed I liked fashion from my outfit and gave us his card, telling us to contact him for modeling opportunities. My heart fluttered everyday until the meeting we set up with him. 

Long story short, I went as far as I could in the runway model industry without having to transfer to homeschooling. At that time, I still didn’t believe in myself and didn’t want to quit school to chase a dream that could easily slip from my hands. So, I walked away and pursued pre-med. Yet, when I moved to Houston to attend Rice, the universe gave me another opportunity to pursue my dream of becoming a published model. The journey is a long story, but now I’m here and I’m so happy that I get the opportunity to do both modeling and pre-med. How cool is that? 

Time for me to stop talking so much, and for me to finally get on to this photoshoot! We worked with Alvin Tran at our personal studio in Houston this time and the pictures turned out amazing. I honestly loved the results received from Alvin and he was an incredibly chill guy. Also, he’s a fellow Libra, so you know he’s unlikely to do something snakey like not tag you in public stories they post of you. (Let’s just say someone did that to me once already and that person better watch out 😈, you know who you are #spilledthetea). 

We did three outfits with no specific theme in mind. 

The first outfit has a very regal, yet schoolteacher-ish vibe, and I wanted to be barefoot for it to give the photos a more homey feel. Below are a few pictures from this shoot and those posted to social medias are linked (and tags where I bought each piece of clothing). 

📸on @joannaqluvsu

📸exclusive to blog

📸exclusive to blog

The second outfit included a white body-con dress that I was too scared to wear out to events, because I would literally stain it so fast. But, it turned out perfect for this shoot, because the stark white contrasted perfectly with our new carpet! 

📸on @joannaqluvsu

📸exclusive to blog

The third outfit screams summer to me with a bright top and flowy pants. I had the idea to shoot this outfit on our balcony, but totally didn’t realize until halfway in that my shirt and the background are both yellow 😔😔fml. But I think the results were actually super cool, so yayyyy. 

📸on @joannaqluvsu

📸on @joannaqluvsu

📸on @joannaqluvsu

If you want to keep up with me through social media, my links are:

Instagram: @joannaqluvsu

Twitter: @joannaqluvsu

Photography by Alvin Tran (@alvintran.photography).

One thought on “Personal Studio Photoshoot (ft. @alvintran.photography)